Wednesday, August 12, 2009

V7S Celeb Fashion Intervention

Alright now, it's time to talk about the pink elephant in the room that is Aretha Franklin's choice of evening wear. Although Aretha is a woman born before the Vanity 7 generation, after seeing a more recent picture yet equally wrong photo of her at an event I gotta acknowledge this situation. Now clearly the Vanity 7 woman fully understands and appreciates her contribution to the music industry, that goes without saying. HOWEVER, its time to stop the madness which has manifested as your consistent choice of spaghetti strap gowns. We might not have said anything if this was the first offense, but I found several pics like this via google. awards show after benefit after concert. Forreal doe I'm not tryin to diss, but there is just nothing fly about this. I hate to do it but I'm also having to post this as a "What's not Fly" example.

Seemingly its going to take a very close friend to the diva to pull her coat to this. Whether or not this is the second intervention we probably will never know but, I think Vanity 7 ladies everywhere will at least feel better knowing we tried.
In 2009 there is no such thing as hiding behind being plus size, big is beautiful. This is simply about finding a neckline that makes sense for her shape. I found this one below. I don't really know if I'm a fan of the whole dress but the neckline would be a better choice for her. I would want to see it longer with a train, maybe layered chiffon. The possibilities are endless Re! Especially when your pockets are as deep as yours. We're having this intervention because we love you but we think your making some fashion choices that are less than fly. Will you accept the offer we giving you today?



No comments:

Post a Comment